We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family restaurant suggestion please

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Family restaurant suggestion please

Looking for something nice & casual preferably not a diner but maybe an Italian. We are staying at the Premier Inn,Alfred St. Kids age from 8 - 14.

Any suggestions folks ?

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

For an informal bite the restaurant in your hotel's lobby is actually not too bad.

There is a Pizza Express and a Nando's a short walk away on Bedford Street, as well as a Wetherspoons (the upstairs is the family area).

If you want something a bit less chainy, try Olio on Brunswick Street (a big family favourite for special events) or Speranza on Shaftesbury Square, both of which are pretty close.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

Thanks for that BridgetJones........Will check out the last 2 you mentioned.Was in Wetherspoons once in Edinburgh & it put me off for life.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

Haha! Well yes, I wouldn't go to ours on a Friday or Saturday night particularly, but the rest of the week it's not bad for something cheap and cheerful. That said Olio and Speranza are a different world so hopefully something there will appeal :-)

4. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 20:34
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

Olio, get my vote also and they do a pre-theatre menu before 19.00, for £12.95.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

Personally, living in Belfast and having 3 young children myself I would also suggest Villa Italia opposite the university. Kids can watch pizzas being made, the food is absolutely lovely and its a lovely atmosphere. I also find the portions great and its great value for money. We love it so much we held my daughter's christening there! Good luck whatever you decide, we have many lovely restaurants here :)

7. Re: Family restaurant suggestion please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:16