We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to belfast with my arc card

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
travel to belfast with my arc card

hi

any help plz i want to travel from manchester to belfast, i have an arc card i want to know if i can travel with it, thxs

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

You would be best to check with your airline .

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

I agree. The UK Border Agency says, "Although not officially recognised as an identity document many organisations are prepared to accept an ARC as an acceptable form of identity." So you really need to check with the airline to see if they do.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 13:59
Isle of Man, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

the airline and ferry says it's o.k, just wanna make sure from belfast how it's work coz don't wanna paid my ticket and arriving there they don't accept it and i've to return back, anyone can tell me how it works there when u arrived by plane or ferry thanks.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

I'm not sure what you mean - use it for what purpose in Belfast? If you're travelling from Manchester to Belfast, it is all within the UK, so there is no immigration required, if that's what you're worried about? If you're flying into Belfast City Airport, you just walk off the plane, through the baggage claim and out of the airport. On some flights into Belfast International Airport there might be a random ID check point but I would imagine if you have the relevant paperwork to show you're legally in the UK, that wouldn't be an issue.

Isle of Man, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

thxs a lot for your reply, i mean if there's any check i have only the arc card as ID, don't have any other paperwork to show, so i'm only worried if they accept the arc card as a proof of ID or they accept only passport and driving licence as ID.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

There is no passport control when moving from one part of the UK to another.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 17:38
UK
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

What airline are you flying with? If it's Ryanair (don't even know if they go to Belfast) you will need a passport. All other airlines have long lists of photo IDs that they will accept for internal flights.

Isle of Man, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

have not decide yet if i'll go by plain or coach that's why i'm trying to find out where do they accept the arc card.

Isle of Man, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

is there any immigration control in belfast int airport or belfast city airport when travelling from manchester, plz any help on this thanks.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel to belfast with my arc card

As has already been said, you're travelling from one part of the UK to another, so why would there be any immigration control?

Get answers to your questions about Belfast