We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
202 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

My wife & I will be staying next Saturday night, at the Hilton Templepatrick. I been the top of the Hilton HHonors program since 1988, so the last place I want to eat in Northern Ireland is a Hilton. So, maybe one of you kind locals can direct us, to great old time Irish place to find a good meal. I have a car and can drive anywhere within 30 - 45 mins. That is outside of Belfast City, we did that last year. Back here in the U.S., I enjoy eating in old taverns from the 1700 & 1800's. Looking for something that has more then just food, but an interesting building or site. Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

Drive on up towards the Int airport the Ballyrobin is great for food

ballyrobincountrylodge.com/uploaded_files/fi…

Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

Visited Thatch Inn in Broughshane (sp?). great place with a lot of character and history. Bobby W pls don't tell me you locals consider it a tourist trap! lol

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

I've never been myself, Cant see anywhere in Broughshane being a tourist trap, the locals are to careful with there hard earned cash.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 17:37
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

Bobby I did actually laugh out loud at that!!

Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
202 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

Ok ... thanks guys, I will see which way the wind is blowing, after Bushmills. They both sound good to go.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

Billy Andys just outside Larne should fit the bill (http://www.billyandys.com/) and would be approximately 35-40 minutes drive down the A57 from Templepatrick to Ballynure and then the A8 to Larne. It's signposted from the roundabout just outside Larne.

Food is lovely and the pub is as traditional as you can get. On a saturday afternoon there is a traditional music session so you could listen to that and have your meal afterwards.

7. Re: Good old time, Irish place to eat by Hilton Templepatrick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18