We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Proposal

Hi all , I'm looking for some help from the locals around Belfast with proposing to my gf.

I'm looking at coming over from the uk at the end of November and have never visited Belfast but have been to the south many times .

Ideally I'd like a secluded romantic place , somewhere out of town is good as will have a car. A beautiful beach or green scenery would be something she would love . I've read previous posts but couldn't find a place that suited. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposal

The spiral steps in the garden of Belfast Castle, Murlough bay Ballycastle,

Half way across Carrick-a-rede, At the Stones at the Causeway. Mussenden Temple,

Dunluce Castle, There are loads of spots that would suit the bill on the Coast Rd.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposal

They all sound good, I will take a look at them thanks .

How about giants causeway , would it be a good spot ?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proposal

The Causeway is good but may be busy so go first thing or later in the day to avoid crowds. It also is quieter beyond the main stones out towards the organ. Lots of possibilities along the north coast including dunluce castle (gorgeous views from inside the castle of the coast), whitepark bay (beach), white rocks beach, portstewart strand (beach) and downhill strand (beaches with views of mussenden

temple).

Then afterwards have a celebratory drink in the bushmills inn - in one of their cosy snugs or by the fire:)

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proposal

Another shout for Downhill / Mussenden Temple, but make sure you have a bit of flexibility in case the weather is bad!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proposal

Yes, I second what poniard says.

She's bound to say yes when she sees the massive organ.

(well, someone had to say it...)

Edited: 04 November 2013, 20:52
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Proposal

Ah ffs - autocorrect on the Mac can't even spell ponaire...

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Proposal

Ha , it's too late to impress her with the organ .

Well downhill beach looks cool but maybe the causeway will have more of the wow factor .

8. Re: Proposal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Belfast