We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lusty Beg

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Lusty Beg

We have just started planning a wedding for next year and have looked at Lusty Beg as the venue. It looks idylic but still a have a few reservations. Has anyone been to a wedding here or even better married here and if so was it OK?

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lusty Beg

I was at my cousins wedding at Lusty Beg last Easter. It is a very good setting for a wedding.

We as guests went down for a long weekend, hiring one of the chalets. Had a great time. The 4 person chalet we were in was a bit pokey, but as the bridal party you wont have to worry about that. The larger lodge accomdation was very spacious and impressive

There is obviously a limited number of beds on Lusty Beg Island itself which might prove a problem if you are having a large wedding. The ferry runs continuously across and takes about 5 minutes, so anyone going home or staying off island shouldnt have any problem. Taxis will meet guests at the other side as well

I have already booked again for my wifes 30th birthday next March, so I suppose you could take that as a recommendation. I am going for a lodge this time

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lusty Beg

Also, good luck with the planning, and enjoy yourselves when the wedding day comes around

Northern Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lusty Beg

Thanks for the advice and best wishes. Have made an appointment to meet with someone in Lusty Beg at the weekend so fingers crossed!

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lusty Beg

Don't know anyone personally but maybe these forums might help with your planning...

www.hitched.co.uk

http://www.irishbrides.co.uk/

Enjoy the planning, I got married last year and loved all the planning.

Lusty Beg looks fab though.

Also check out some of the local mags, Ulster Bride, Getting Married in Northern Ireland etc, they have some fab local ideas.

Omagh, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lusty Beg

we also looked at lusty beg - it seems romantic but when you get thee its nothing special - we settled on going to austria instead - and our wedding was magical - go there instead!!!

Northern Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lusty Beg

Thanks everyone, it has an absolutely gorgeous setting and seems a bit more laid back than the normal hotel weddings plus we want to stay in Northern Ireland to celebrate with friends and family, so Lusty Beg it is!

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lusty Beg

Good choice, we have booked our wedding for next May.

I got another web site,

http://www.weddingsonline.ie

Enjoy your big day