We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Centre B&B

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
City Centre B&B

Hi

Could anyone suggest a B&B withing walking distance within walking distance of the Town Centre. I'm a single woman who will be coming over alone for a concert at the Waterfront Hall in Nov and want a clean reasonably priced base for 1 night with easy access to the shops during the day.

Thank you .

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Centre B&B

gotobelfast.com/wheretostay/… 196/Page_Key/266/parent_key/0/type/Page/action/category/PaGeName/B&B

This link might be a starting point. Though there are other forum members who recommend some B&B's, hopefully they will be around soon.

:o)

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Centre B&B

The closest B&B to the city centre is Tara Lodge: www.taralodge.com

It is located just off Botanic Avenue, and is more like a small hotel so will be a little more pricey than other B&B's - but well worth it! There's loads of shops/cafes/restaurants on it's doorstep.

The next closest ones are in the University area, so approx. 20 min walk to city centre or hop on a bus. Look at: Avenue Guesthouse, Marine House, Windermere House, Bienvenue Guesthouse.

You'll find them all on www.gotobelfast.com

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Centre B&B

Forgot to say, there's also one called Kate's B&B on University Avenue which isn't far from Tara Lodge - not sure what it's like though.

Whatever you do... DO NOT book at Helga Lodge... disgusting! :(

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Centre B&B

Stayed in Tara Lodge last year and was initially put off by the street it was on. Rooms are pretty standard but I have to say the breakfast was one of the best I have had in any establishment ! Would not advise walking from there to the Waterfront though.

However you can walk to Botanic ave and on into the city centre (going in the other direction) safely. Lots of cafes and little shops on Botanic. Enjoy Belfast.

Belfast
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: City Centre B&B

Get a Taxi back from the Waterfront hall

Belfast
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: City Centre B&B

Who r you going to see ???

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Centre B&B

Thanks for the advice so far....still not sure what I'm doing. Now considering Benedict's Hotel thinking that if the guest houses will need me to use a taxi I might as well spend that money on a hotel. What do you think?

PS I'm going to see Brian Kennedy.......BIG FAN!!