We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice hockey

England, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Ice hockey

Hi

I am planning to see a match next month, Giants vs. Braehead Clan, and would like to know which seats have the best views? My daughter says not to buy seats behind the boxes where the players sit, but are these boxes shown on a seat plan for the rink?

Edited: 14 February 2014, 15:31
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice hockey

Ah my beloved Giants! :-) We might even have won the league before you come but it's always a great match against Braehead - their fans are brilliant.

For the best views and to be right in the middle of the crowd atmosphere, you're talking anywhere between doors 18-21 on the north side and between doors 6-9 on the south, and probably from around row M back on either side. Hubby and I are season ticket holders behind the benches where the players sit but we're up in row N so you can see over the benches and over the plexiglass without a problem. My favourite row is Q, view-wise, and it's also pretty level with the doors, so you don't have to trek up and down stairs everytime you want a drink or the bathroom etc. On the south side you don't have the players benches but you do have the penalty boxes where the naughty players are sent during penalties and a control box, so neither side looks right on to centre ice, but if you make sure you're up high enough it honestly won't be an issue there either.

The west side of the arena is usually quieter and there is a big bridge on the east side rather than seats (unless it's a huge game when they put extras in, but I doubt it for Braehead). The views on both the west and east sides are a little obstructed by the nets they put up from the floor to near the ceiling to stop errant pucks maiming the folks sitting there when a shot on goal goes awry, but that doesn't bother some folks.

By the way it's rare that the arena is completely sold out, so if you don't like your seats you can scout out other spaces during the first period and then move there in the intermission - lots of people (including me) do this all the time and the staff won't stop you.

Edited: 14 February 2014, 16:07
England, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice hockey

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply, much appreciated. Only watched ice hockey on TV so looking forward to a live match, however as an 'exiled' Scot with Northern Irish grandfather/great grandparents guess I'll be supporting both sides! : )

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
853 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice hockey

Door 20, G54 is the best seat of course. Or was. :-)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice hockey

Hahaha that's ok! I'm most definitely a Belfast Giant through and through but I do have a soft spot for the Braehead folks' purple wigs! :-)

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice hockey

Championeeeeees :)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice hockey

I know!!! :-D Can't wait til Friday's game to celebrate!

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice hockey

Have got 2 "open" tickets for any of last remaining home fixtures. Think Friday may be the one to go to :)

8. Re: Ice hockey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Belfast