We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

belfast trip march 8th

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
belfast trip march 8th

my son has an appointment at queens uni,and were staying by botanic ave,any bars or restaurants in that area,that anyone could recommend

as he is going to be studying at queens,he would like to visit the bars the students frequent,also any reccommendations for what to se on a 2 night stay

thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: belfast trip march 8th

Mollys Yard is good for food and is just up the street. Botanic Ave has the most restaurants and cafes of and street in Belfast so you will have plenty of choice.

As the 8th of March is a Saturday the student bars wont be the same as a weeknight but hear goes,

The Union, The Botanic, The Egg, Laverys, The Hatfield, The Globe,Filthy Mc Nasties.Limelight/ Spring and Airbrake, For clubs Thompsons, The Box, Mono,Beach and Eivissa all have student nights.

Things to see and do, The Ulster Museum, The Titanic Belfast,The City Hall Tour,The Crumlin Rd Jail Tour,HoHo Bus Tour or Black Taxi Tour and of course visit the Crown Bar.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: belfast trip march 8th

Great suggestions there from Bobby, although note that The Globe is now The Elms instead (but still equally as popular with students). The Parlour is also a great student bar, and then there is always the students union itself. The Empire is worth a look.

Restaurants-wise, I'll also add Café Renoir, the Barking Dog and (more informal but a rite of passage for students and foodies alike) Boojum. Also have a look at Maggie Mays and the Black Bear Café. You really will be spoilt for choice though - we're coming down with eateries and bars!

Belfast
Level Contributor
114 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: belfast trip march 8th

Definitely check out the botanic inn, parlour and the eglantine inn which are all longtime student favourites! Filthy mcnastys is one of the newer, popular places to go these days on Dublin road. I'm not so sure if the elms is still open as I heard it had been sold to become a tesco store!

4. Re: belfast trip march 8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18