We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiwi in Belfast

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tauranga, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kiwi in Belfast

I wish to travel by bus from Dublin to Belfast.

I think I shall visit the Titanic museum etc and then would like to go country. Giants Causeway and surrounds.

Would I need a car? Could I see plenty if I took buses? Are there b&b options? Am I safe travelling alone?

Is there anything of special merit I can see in Londonderry? Or around?

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiwi in Belfast

Get the X2 or Aircoach from Dublin to Belfast.

The best way to see the Causeway coast is to take a day tour from the city , Odyssey coach tours bring small groups and cover a bit more than the larger coaches McCombs, Paddywagon and Allens.

To hire a car would be best but would work out a lot more expensive.

There is plenty to see in Derry. Mc Crossans city tour is a must.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiwi in Belfast

Look at Aircoach for bus travel from Dublin to Belfast. Translink and Bus Eireann (the public transport authorities in the north and south) also run the joint X2 service.

On your first day, stay in Belfast. Do Titanic Belfast and maybe take a tour of the city, e.g. the hop on hop off buses or if you prefer a black taxi tour. The next day either hire a car or take an organised day tour to the north coast/Giant's causeway - Bobby has given you some names of companies who offer this.

If you still want to see Derry, it's easily accessible from Belfast by train or bus, but you'd probably need a third day to fit it in as well.

Tauranga, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiwi in Belfast

I am taking a tour to the causeway tomorrow but would like to get out of the city.

Would it work to get off at coleraine to spend the night there, then bus to Derry and then down to Donegal then back to Dublin?

I am wanting the country, little pubs and traditional music.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiwi in Belfast

The tours don't go to Coleraine. You could make your own way there from Bushmills or Ballycastle.

You could also overnight at the causeway in Finn mc Cools hostel.

Public transport on Sunday is not very good so do check you can get back ok.

5. Re: Kiwi in Belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:17