We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

delaware
Level Contributor
55 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

Will be in Belfast for two nights coming up soon. Have some free time one afternoon and am wondering if it is possible to take the Antrim Coaster up to Glenarm and catch it on the way back to Belfast later the same day. Haven't been able to find a current time table on line. We are on an otherwise guided trip and want to take advantage of the free time to see where my family comes from. Thanks for any info!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

In previous years the timetables don't change much so yes. On moblie phone so can't send link but if you look on the translink website, there is also an e-mail.contact. Are you seeing the Causeway etc another day?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

The timetable for service 252 - the Antrim Coaster - is online at www.translink.co.uk - although only the Larne - Coleraine section is shown.

The Antrim Coaster is not the only option available if you wish to visit Glenarm from Belfast - Express service 256 operates (more or less) hourly on weekdays between Belfast and Larne, then change at Larne bus station to service 162 for Glenarm. But note that there is a considerably reduced service on Saturdays and none on Sundays - and limited service in the evenings.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

Hi,

The 0905 256 Service from Europa-Larne Mon-Fri is a guaranteed connection for the 252 Antrim coaster to Glenarm at 1010 from Larne. On the return the Antrim Coaster from Glenarm Bridge at 1209 & 1819 again both have guaranteed connections on to Belfast on the 256. Here's a link for the Goldline section of our website http://www.translink.co.uk/Services/Goldline/ Hope this helps & have a great trip.

Translink

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
860 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

Welcome Translink!

I can now harrass you on here as well as on Twitter. :-)

(just kidding)

delaware
Level Contributor
55 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

Thanks so much for the info! Seems that we may only have the afternoon and evening free for two days that we are in Belfast. If the bus doesn't work out, is there any other method? I noticed something called Black Cab tours and didn't know if you could hire them to do something like this in a reduced time frame. Any one have experience with something like this? Any one know any Morrows or Wharrys in the Glenarm area? I'm also not clear on whether our trip from Belfast to Londonderry will be enough along the coast that we might have a look in Glenarm or Larne. I'm just super excited to get to see Northern Ireland! Sorry for so many questions! Thanks!

6. Re: Antrim Coaster - Belfast to Glenarm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16