We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Topic
Bus Centre to Cathedral District

We arrive by bus from Dublin airport around 5pm. Have a few hours before our host can pick us up at 7:30pm. Thought we'd head over to Made in Belfast on Talbot Street to try their Curtain Call menu.

Google indicates it's about a mile. We don't mind walking but if it's raining a taxi might be better. Do the taxis accept credit cards? How much would taxi fare be? Is there a bus that would get us there?

Also, are there any sights near there we could visit while we wait for our host?

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Just realized that there is a Made in Belfast - City Hall location much closer to the bus centre.

Any recommendations for sights to see in the area after we eat? Unfortunately we'll still have our luggage with us so that's a bit of a hassle.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

You could take a wee walk around the city hall to see the titanic memorial garden or visit the Crown bar.

Aircoach is the best way from Dublin airport to Belfast.

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Thanks Bobby!

Air Coach looks like a good option.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Yes with luggage I would stick with the City Hall Made in Belfast. As Bobby says, City Hall is obviously right near by and if the weather is good, it's can be nice to sit in the grounds, watch whatever they're showing on the big TV and people-watch. Also the main gates of the City Hall is a popular pick-up spot in the city centre, where your host could collect you.

If the weather is bad (or even if it's good) you can equally just take your time over some great cocktails at Made in Belfast. They usually give you a 2 hour window for your table anyway, or if you want to move on elsewhere, Apartment is a great bar very close by.

Arizona
Level Contributor
737 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Thanks Bridget!

Read the reviews of Made in Belfast. Menu, decor and free WiFi sound great. But also read that staff are less than friendly and space is cramped. So now I'm wondering if we turn up with luggage will we be refused a table?

An alternative would be to wait at the Crown or the Europa but the menu at MIB seems more to my liking.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 19:48
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

You should also take a look at Flame in Howard St . I called in on Tuesday night , i have to say it was Super.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Oh there are a million restaurants round there if you're not set on MiB. I have to say I do prefer the MiB in the Cathedral Quarter of the two, but it's too far to get to with luggage and there are plenty of other options closer to the bus station anyway. I would second Bobby's suggestion of Flame - it's actually pretty huge inside so there should be plenty of room for your bags, and the food and service are great. Howard St restaurant is another option to look into.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Hi,

I have provided a link for the Visit Belfast centre thats situated facing City Hall as they have a left luggage facility in the Centre visit-belfast.com/things-to-do/member/belfas… so you could leave your luggage there while you enjoy your few hours in Belfast. I have also provided a link to the X1 service that Translink provide from Dublin Airport to Belfast Europa …translink.co.uk/ext_webpdf_desk/TTB/2014060…

Hope this helps & have a great trip!

Translink

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Just bear in mind the opening hours at Visit Belfast - you would have to collect your luggage again before they close at 7pm and then you'll still have half an hour to kill until your host arrives.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Centre to Cathedral District

Your nearest and cheapest left luggage is in the Irish Tour Tickets Gt Victoria Street, BT1 Belfast, it stays open until 21.00

(Opposite Grand Opera House)

028 9031 0101

admin@toursbelfast.co.uk

Edited: 09 June 2014, 21:01