We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

We have seen what looks like a nice place to stay in Cushendall, and have driven through previously, but does nayone know what the restaurants are like ( and pubs!). My husband is veggie, so it would be good if there were choices for him

Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

I would say there are more pubs than restaurants, although a lot of pubs now serve good food. I cant think of any that i would recommend, although you could drive to Ballycastle or some of the larger towns if you had the time.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

Upstairs at Joe's (http://www.upstairsatjoes.com/)is very nice. I have eaten there quite a few times and Liam Neeson has been known to dine there too when he is over visiting family so if it's good enough for him!

The menu is quite limited but does have a good selection and I'm sure if you phoned in advance they could prepare something vegetarian for you if there isn't something on the menu which would suit.

Harry's (ireland-holidays.net/English/…Harry.htm) is another option, just across the road from Joe's. I haven't eaten in it but my aunt and uncle go regularly and can't praise it highly enough.

Close to Cushendall about 15 minutes drive is Glenariffe Glen and the Manor Lodge restuarant. Beautifully situated at the bottom of the glen overlooking the waterfall.

Hope this helps.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

Thanks for that, it looks nice!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

Thanks, that's great!

Manchester
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

By far the best restaurant in Cushendall is Cushendall Golf Club, run by a husband and wife team and consistently fantastic service. If you like trout then you have to, "ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO", (seriously) visit. Probably best if you phone ahead.

Cushendall is a great wee place, full of life at night, and a great base for a holiday, if anyone's looking for accommodation in Cushendall, then www.cushendallcottages.com is a great place to stay if you want a home from home. We stayed there last year and the owner Noreen really went out of her way to make sure we got the most out of our stay. From recommending that we go and see the fantastic hurling, to organising the taxis for us on Saturday night.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

If you're vegetarian do NOT go near the Cushendall golf club. I had a very nasty experience there during the summer. No vegetarian option on the menu & chef refused to cook us an omelette or something else similar & when I rang to complain he verbally abused me over the phone. The Glens hotel, Harrys and Upstairs at Joes all do a nice vegetarian option

7. Re: Restaurants/ Pubs in Cushendall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about County Antrim
Recent Conversations