We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Ballycastle

Which Ballycastle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Takoma Park...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Ballycastle

should we drive or take a bus?

6 replies to this topic
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Ballycastle

How long is a piece of string? It depends on which you're happiest doing. Driving would be slightly quicker and more convenient (since you wouldn't have to change in Belfast), but it's really up to yourself.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Ballycastle

What is the question?

What would be quicker?

What would be cheaper?

How many are travelling?

Do I want to stop off on the way?

etc etc

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
372 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Ballycastle

When we went for the tour there were a lot of tourist who came in to Belfast from Dublin by train and half the coach was reserved for them. When the tour ended they were dropped off to the train station in Belfast for a return trip to Dublin. Hope this is of assistance.

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Ballycastle

hi, in reply to your question, for me there is only one choice, drive. the drive up from dublin is easier now than it,s ever been, once you get into northern ireland you can head for belfast the onto larne, from here you can take the coast road A2, all the way to ballycastle, it,s worth it believe me the scenery and views are absolutely awesome, we live just off the coast road in ballygally, and it still makes your jaw drop when you drive around the coast road, hope this makes your choice a little bit easier, cheers digmon

Takoma Park...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin to Ballycastle

There appears to be TWO Ballycastles. We are going to County Mayo. Checking on various sites for either a clear rail trip or bus because the drive seems complicated to me. BUT if it is spectacular, we will drive. What do you all say?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin to Ballycastle

Agreeing with Digmon - the drive north from Belfast us as beautiful as it gets - and of you can stand the narrow roads, the up and downs of the coast, take the Torr Head turn off - simply amazing!

Reply to: Dublin to Ballycastle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted