We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great restaurant

ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Great restaurant

I too am looking for a restaurant, within a half hour or so of Newcastle, for a very special birthday meal. Quiet, intimate, cosy, great food, not pub grub.Seafood if possible. Don't mind paying a decent amount for something special.

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,449 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great restaurant

ireland-guide.com/establishment/mourne_seafo…

For seafood and a quiet location, this is it.

Coleraine, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great restaurant

The Buck's Head is the only place I would suggest for a special meal near Newcastle. There are a lot of very ordinary places - but Buck's Head is great.

Check out the details here: ireland-guide.com/establishment/bucks_head_i…

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great restaurant

Finally got to Number 23 in Warrenpoint a few Friday's ago and had the most fabulous scallops and John Dory so if you like seafood this is the place. I have heard a few people mutter about the portions when I raved about the food after my visit, but then if you are more into steak and chips or large portions of carbs go for some pub grub as there are loads of good places for that. However, if you are into quality rather than quantity with sauces to die for on each dish go for No 23. We had a starter and main course each with a lovely bottle of Fleurie (£19) and it came to around £75 including a £5 tip.

4. Re: Great restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle
Recent Conversations