We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in August to other countries

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling in August to other countries

My husband has family in the UK and we hope to attend a wedding anniversary there mid-Aug. Knowing that is prime travel time, we are considering flying to Brussels and using that city as a hub to visit Paris, Amsterdam and of course Bruge and local area. Should we try to book from the US or from the UK to these areas? Any help would be appreciated.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in August to other countries

I wonder if you meant to post this on the Newcastle, England forum?

If you do actually mean Newcastle, County Down then you either need to fly from Belfast - in which case there are no direct flights to Brussels. But you could fly with easyjet to Paris and then travel on by train or plane to your other destinations.

There are good low cost carriers travelling from the UK and I would have thought it best to book online from the US as with these sort of flights, the price can dramatically increase closer to departure. Much cheaper to book in advance.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in August to other countries

;Yes, I did mean from Newcastle, England but your reply could be helpful since we havn't yet checked out the smaller airlines that are available in that area. And yes, we hope to book soon..Thanks for your help.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in August to other countries

Flight to the US departing continental Europe tend to be cheaper due to the high taxes if departing the UK. However if you are coming to Newcastle, Co Down, taxes on direct flghts from Northern Ireland have been lowered to compete with the low rate from the Republic of Ireland. However you can fly from the Republic of Ireland or continental Europe at the low rate via the UK if you are on a thru ticket connecting within 24hrs.

Get answers to your questions about Newcastle
Recent Conversations