We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly hotel close to Newcastle Racecourse

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morecambe
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly hotel close to Newcastle Racecourse

Hello All,

I bought my boyfriend a day for two at the races from Buy a Gift as one of his Christmas gifts. We are hoping to go to Newcastle on Saturday 14th of April 2012 (Yes I realise it is Grand National Day!)

We are planning on taking my 8 year old son with us and would like to make a weekend of it as it is a couple of hour journey from Morecambe.

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay; and anywhere nice to eat on the Friday evening and Sunday lunch time before we set off back.

Also does anyone know what the food is like at the racecourse

Thank you in anticipation

Debz

1. Re: Family Friendly hotel close to Newcastle Racecourse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 13:31
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly hotel close to Newcastle Racecourse

Are we racing donkeys on the beach? If so try the Slieve Donard. Otherwise a hotel in England might be a wee bit handier.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,661 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly hotel close to Newcastle Racecourse

MorcambeDebz - you have posted this in the wrong forum. This Newcastle is in County Down, Northern Ireland, you should have posted in the Newcastle upon Tyne forum as the racecourse is situated on the northern edge of the city, at Gosforth.

However, I can help with your question: at the racecourse there is a Marriott hotel and close by, off Rotary Way, there is a Travelodge and a traditional pub, the Falcon's Nest (NE3 5EH) - see the reviews on T.A. for details. - both with plenty of car parking spaces available.

Also in the vicinity (walking distance - I suggest you look at the Google street views although some outlets opened only within the past year and do not appear on the street view) you will find a McDonalds and a large Co-operative supermarket, with 12 petrol pumps, that sells hot food and alcohol as well as the usual groceries.

4. Re: Family Friendly hotel close to Newcastle Racecourse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle
Recent Conversations