We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belle Isle or Crom Castle

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Hello,

We are wanting to organise a family celebration for about 30-35 people and have narrowed our venue choice down to Belle Isle castle and cottages and Crom Castle West Wing. I would really appreciate any advice on which is better - both look absolutely beautiful in different ways but I am not too familiar with their immediate settings.

Thanks very much.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

We attended a wedding last month at Belle Isle...beautiful settings and house.

Your numbers would fit perfectly there too. The food/meal we had was scrummy and they came round with extra too!

We stayed overnight in the courtyard apartments and they were immaculate. Just remember to bring food and drink with you for staying over.

Never been to Crom Castle sorry can't help with that.

:o)

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Thanks NYCFanNI, sounds perfect. Just the kind of thing we are looking for. :)

Belfast
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Hi,

We are having our wedding in Belle Isle on 7/6/08 so if you do stay there for your family celebration I really would appreciate it if you leave some feedback. We were up last Friday and it was glorious in the Sunshine.

K

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Hi Karen,

I will keep you posted.

I can imagine it would absolutely beautiful for a wedding. Especially on a day like today!

My other half and I are actually driving out to Fermanagh this weekend to take a look around the area.

all the best,

R.

Northern Ireland
2 posts
5. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Hi,

Had our wedding at Belle Isle last month & it was fantastic! The surroundings are amazing, our guests loved the accommodation & Andrea at Belle Isle is lovely and makes sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you. Definately recommend it!

US
2 posts
6. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

I am planning an 80th birthday party for my mother here - there will be 7 or 8 of us. We're looking into the cottages and the main house itself. It looks very nice - I'm really appreciative of any feedback!

Northern Ireland
2 posts
7. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

It depends how much you are willing to spend for the party - the main house can be hired for either 7 or 14 people for the weekend and is very comfortable, the only problem we had was with elderly guests who found the stairs quite steep. All the other accomodation: cottages, apartments&coach houses are again all extremely comfortable. If you decide to hire the main house the food that you can have provided is fantastic!

US
2 posts
8. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Thanks for the feedback, J Spud!

Nerthern Ireland
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

Don't forget about the Inishfendra Room in the visitor centre at Crom Estate- your group would easily fit and the NT will provide a list of caterers in the area if you wish. This option is also better as you wouldn't have to make your way from the cottages (at the Visitor Centre) to the New Castle (with the West Wing).

Personally I find Crom much more untouched and beautiful and the last time I was there the staff were so accomodating and helpful.

Enniskillen, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
84 reviews
10. Re: Belle Isle or Crom Castle

I know both castles very well been in both many times, the staff are great and friendly in both and your numbers are great for both.

I would say Belle Isle is that bit cheaper but then in Crom there is alot more to see and do with great walks and trips on the water during the day. Crom castle itself is alot bigger and more grand.

It will really be down to how much you are willing to pay, if you think the prices at Crom are fine i would go with Crom for that extra experience but Belle Isle although smaller and less grand would be a great setting for the celebration, staff and food is every bit as good.

Get answers to your questions about County Fermanagh