We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b and b's and things to see?

Manitoba,Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
b and b's and things to see?

Hello we will be travelling to N. Ireland toward the end of October and are staying with relatives in Co. Antrim for a few days. We would then like to take off on our own, find a b and b for possibly 3 night and use it as a starting point for touring around. Any suguestions?

belfast
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: b and b's and things to see?

Just to clarify you want to go to Co. Fermanagh for a few days?

Do you need suggestions for things to do or places to stay?

Manitoba,Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: b and b's and things to see?

We would like suggestions for things to see and places to stay. We thought of staying in or around Enniskillen. Any ireas?

belfast
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: b and b's and things to see?

http://www.motel.co.uk/rates/

belmore court motel does a room rate of £50-60 per night which works out about what you'd pay for a bed and breakfast. I can't comment on how good it is but i'm sure there are reviews on this site.

The good thing about somewhere like this is that you can walk into enniskillen town for the evening.

Pat's bar does cheap good food if a little jazzy interior move on to blakes of the hollow for a more authentic flavour.

things to do:

enniskillen castle and museum

marble arch caves

day trips on the loughs

white island

belleek pottery

castle archdale

golf at nick faldo course

florencecourt

castle coole

crom

ulster american folk park (further out)

depends what you like and how mobile you will be!

hope thats some help!

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: b and b's and things to see?

Pea13, if I may say but a few words, I visited Enniskillen in late October 2005, and most of these attractions you mentioned were closed down until next spring ;( (Did it change, perhaps?)

belfast
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: b and b's and things to see?

Apologies one of the above, the caves are closed from the end of September.

Everything else is open in October but the ferry to White Island from Castle Archdale is only available at weekend.

Crom estate is open 20 Sep - 12 oct at weekends only

and 19th october -2nd Nov only on Sundays. Everything else is open.

Check discover ni for opening times of all facilities.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: b and b's and things to see?

Yes, I see - probably it's normal, not enough tourists at this time of the year. Even if the late autumn can be quite mild there (from my perspective..)

Actually, I am going to Enniskillen again this year (one week in July) and would be most glad to see the White Island (if it wont' be a constant rain, hopefully...)

I understand that in July the ferry goes to the island everyday? Another question: am I right that the only means to get to Castle Archdale from Enniskillen should be a taxi (I do not drive..) No local buses available ?

Another question: did you know perhaps about any organized tours from Enniskillen to surrounding attractions?

7. Re: b and b's and things to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about County Fermanagh