We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speeding Fine Payment!

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Speeding Fine Payment!

Hi all,

Ok this is a kinda random questio but here goes...

I got stopped for speeding last week on the A83 between Arrochar and Tarbet. I have 28 days to pay fine but am going away on holiday in 2 weeks and I have to send my license away too.

Can anyone tell me whether i can go to the court that I have to pay the fine at in person and get my endorsements put on while I wait? (I am hiring a car on hols and am worried that my license wont be back in time)

Hope someone can help......

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speeding Fine Payment!

Find out from the ticket the name of the court involved and look them up in the phone book, (you can also do this on-line) then ring to ask what you should do. Depending upon what they say, it may be quicker to go to the payment office in person and wait whilst they do the necessary!

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speeding Fine Payment!

PS You should also tell your insurance company what has happened. It may invalidate your insurance if you do not.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speeding Fine Payment!

Check out this site first (it is down at present though) and you might find a way out of paying it

brakehorsepower.com/speedtrap/speedtrap_bibl…

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speeding Fine Payment!

MM,

tried to call the courts but as it was good Friday/will be easter Monday thet are shut. I am off on Tuesday so will call them first thing and if I have to drive down to Lochgilphead then so be it.

Wont be all bad as I will climb a couple of hills if I have time on the way back!!

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speeding Fine Payment!

I wish you all the best!

6. Re: Speeding Fine Payment!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 03:15