We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas with the dog

Greenock
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas with the dog

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone know of a nice lodge/cottage/caravan for hire for a few days over Christmas, probably 24th till 27th?

Its for 2 adults and one old, very well behaved, very clean wee cocker spaniel.

Am based in Greenock and would be willing to drive a few hours to get there.

Does'nt have to be fancy, just clean and cosy.

Many thanks everyone.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas with the dog

Hi

Well Christmas without the dog wouldn't be much fun....

Most self catering places rent by the week, but I I managed to rent a cottage through www.mackays-self-catering.co.uk for just a few days over a festive season, so that could be an option.

Do you have a preference for city, town or countryside?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas with the dog

Melfort pier and harbour has some reviews on this site.

Google- mellowmelfort - for its website.

Haven't been there but it looks quite attractive.They seem to offer short breaks and are pet friendly.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas with the dog

Hi,

Have a look at www.greaterspeyside.com and www.visitaviemore.com for more info on self catering and caravan accommodation in the Highland and Speyside area.

I've used both in the past and found them very helpful. Also www.visitscotland.com is a good source.

Hope this helps.

Hug for the dog. I used to have a cocker spaniel myself, lovely dogs.

Greenock
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas with the dog

Thanks all,

will give all the websites a look and see if theres any that takes Jack the spaniels fancy, he is the boss after all.....

biggy

5. Re: Christmas with the dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:19