We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Star Scotland

England
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
5 Star Scotland

I am wanting to take my G/F on a tour of scotland staying in luxury for either a week or maybe 2 depending how the cost adds up, probably starting in Edinburgh and working our way right upto the highlands and then back down the west side, so covering most of scotland. I would love to stay in as many castles as possible, can you recomend and give information on any hotels that people are aware of, This will be our honeymoon next year so we really do want to get treated like royalty and stay in as many interesting places as possible.

All information would be greatly appreciated as well as rough ideas of costs if you have any.

Thanks very much

Andy

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Star Scotland

This should get you started with regards to castle accommodation www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/castle/

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,803 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Another site to look at

http://www.celticcastles.com/

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Thinking about it, some B&B's are just as good (if not better) than hotels with regards to luxury accommodation. So if you run out of castles why not try www.scotlandsbest.co.uk

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Star Scotland

The Inverlochy Castle hotel at Fort William is 5 star.

Not a castle as such, but a very old building on Arran is the Kilmichael House Hotel which also has 5 stars. Brodick Castle (National Trust for Scotland) is nearby.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Not sure of its star rating, but you can stay in Culzean Castle, a clifftop extravaganza. If its full, the Turnberry is just down the road. You would both appreciate the food and spa there.

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Hi Andy,

I have heard that inverlochy castle hotel is beautiful but at £300 - £400 a night it's not affordable for me especially when you convert it from $'s,

www.inverlochycastlehotel.com/gallery.html

Frank

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
661 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Have a look in the scottish section of

www.bestloved.com

good hotels/some castles - definate luxury

another good site with a small number of places in glasgow & edinburgh is

www.mrandmrssmith.com

TheAA.com also has a small number of 5star/red diamond properties, well worth checking out as there are some lovely B&B/Guesthouses to be found

Fife
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Hi Andy

I would like to recommend somewhere my husband and I stayed earlier this year. it isn't actually a Hotel - but it is THE most fabulous "Bed and Breakfast". We stayed in their Suite - and I can honestly say - we felt we were being treated like Royalty. Everything was wonderful .. the room, the house, the view, the food and the hospitality (and the BEST shower you could imagine). We wished we could have stayed longer.

The place is Inveraray in Argyle and the Bed and Breakfast is called Rudha na Craige. Their website is

www.rudha-na-craige.com

I know we will go back, and I would recommend it completely.

I hope this helps.

May

Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 Star Scotland

Castle Stuart 6 miles from Inverness is brilliant. The cheapest castle you can stay in is Carbisdale an hour North of Inverness - it's the world's most opulent youth hostel! Both are haunted if you like that kind of thing.

10. Re: 5 Star Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:16