We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How beautiful was Scotland today?

Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Level Contributor
102 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How beautiful was Scotland today?

The sun was shining. Everything looked clean and fresh. More importantly, everyone looked happy! Lets hope we have many more days like today.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,002 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

How lovely! Scotland is my favourite country and I feel that you are SO lucky to live there! We are not able to return until next year so it is nice to have little updates like this. One of the things I love about Scotland is its weather. I love cooler summer temps, winters are much warmer than ours (in northern Canada), and you get rain to make things green and trees big (we often have drought and have spindly trees).

Anyway, I LOVE SCOTLAND! :)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Mac, absolutely!

I'm sitting here at 10.40pm and looking out of the open french window we are having the most amazing red and orange sunset mingled with blue sky and the birds are in full song. Just another day in the west of Scotland. Brilliant!

Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Level Contributor
102 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Chefathome - It was the green I really noticed today. So many different shades and all looking brilliant in the sunshine!

PurpleCeltic - I can see the same sky - which prompted me to write. It's a truly beautiful sight. Even the smells tonight are lovely. Fife is looking great, but the west must be something extra special!

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
734 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

I was on the golf course at Dunbar and the sun & temperature were spectacular. Could we really have a glorious June?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,541 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Forecast is for it to drop several degrees tomorrow - but as I'll be at work, I don't care

Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Level Contributor
102 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

I gave up doing forecasts! They all say something different. Better just sticking your head out the window. If it turns out nice - then it's a bonus! My forecast predicts a nice day tomorrow. lol.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Well I'm on holiday and I do care!

Long range forecast is no rain for the next week, hmmm ok.

The sun is coming out and I'm off to the golf course, have a great day :-)

Elie, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,392 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Blue sky and fluffy clouds up here in the Highlands today. A bit of a breeze as well. Temp is 20.6! We were just saying that we have already had a better summer than we had the whole of last year - mind you it was a bit of a washout wasn't it? Yes everything is very green and beautiful and the long clear evenings are wonderful. We were walking the dog at 10.15 last night and it was still light.This kind of weather really cheers people up, you are right Mac99!

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,002 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Whenever it rains here (which is rare, unfortunately) my husband and I say, "Today is a Scotland day!" and love it. Although we have barely started Spring I am already getting sick of the heat and long for a reprieve. The grass is crispy brown. I need a Scotland Day! :)

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How beautiful was Scotland today?

Sometimes, as I sit here in Florida where the last few days have been 96F, I long for a sunny Scottish summers day. There's something about the way everything looks and smells that you just can't describe to those that have never known it. The sight of heather with the sun shining on it does it for me every time. We used to holiday in the highlands every August for 3 weeks--pure heaven--I miss it.