We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

Please note that this week (13-17 Oct08) there is only a half hour service between Waverley and Queen Street departing 00 & 30 from Edinburgh and 15 & 45 from Glasgow. There are a few extra trains on during the peak hours. Journey times are also extended, taking around 1hr 20mins.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,014 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

Get the bus instead - plenty of the ruddy things

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

thanks for the heads-up smithstone.

(is it me or have the reply buttons become ridiculously small, compared to the other ones - i keep hitting the wrong button)

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

And as I have just spent all day experiencing........

if you take the Stirling to Edinburgh train, you have to change at Polmont or Linlithgow. Wait 20 mins, train comes along, goes to Dalmeny, waits a while, and then reverses to Haymarket and Waverley.

I you are going to Edinburgh Park, there's a bus service from Linlithgow.

On way home, no Dunblane trains, take Glasgow Queen Street train, change at Linlithgow or Polmont, same hanging about, total lack of information, no customer service......... (sorry Bobelinks)!

Very angry people on school holidays and loads of women going to Mary Poppins in Edinburgh, all very frustrated.

Lose...will...live....

Same thing all week due to engineering works.

Crabbit of Stirling

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

<< On way home, no Dunblane trains, take Glasgow Queen Street train, change at Linlithgow or Polmont, same hanging about, total lack of information, no customer service......... (sorry Bobelinks)! >>

Admittedly we didn't get a poster up at the Riverside entrance until yesterday, but there were notices at the front of the station, in the ticket office, and special pages on the monitors, at Stirling. And we (which includes on-train conductors) have the connection times on our portable ticket machines if anyone asks.

I can't speak for lesser stations, of course.

Customer Relations will probably send you some vouchers if you complain.

<< Very angry people on school holidays and loads of women going to Mary Poppins in Edinburgh, all very frustrated.>>

Wondered why loads of mums and kids were going to Edinburgh this week.

<< Same thing all week due to engineering works.>>

Worse on Sundays, it always is.

<< Crabbit of Stirling >>

But you should feel sorry for all the train crew who have to get taxied home from Perth ... 0h, maybe not.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,340 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

Seems like advert for Citylink then!

6. Re: Edinburgh <-> Glasgow trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 10:20