We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

I'm looking for a log cabin in Scotland with both a hot tub and a log fire, seems to be impossible, does anyone have any knowledge of one that exists?

It's just for myself and my partner for a romantic break (preferably New Year, but think it's prob too late to get availability now!).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 hotels in Dulnain Bridge
Windlestraw
Windlestraw
#1 of 1 hotels in Walkerburn
Ivybank Lodge
Ivybank Lodge
#1 of 6 hotels in Blairgowrie
Inverness
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

Check www.visitaviemore.com and www.greaterspeyside.com for log cabins in the Aviemore and Speyside area. I noticed a business called "Log Cabins Speyside on there that have hot tob and sauna. Not sure about the log fire though.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Aviemore
Aviemore
Badenoch and Strathspey, UK
Speyside Tours
Speyside Tours
276 Reviews
Dufftown, UK
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,386 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

I know of log cabins for 2 with a log fire, log cabins for 2 with a hot tub and log cabins for 6 with both, but I don't know of one for 2 people with both a fire and a tub.

Hope you find something, but normally when you get a property with lots of amenities they have at least 3 bedrooms.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,001 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

This won't tick all your boxes I'm afraid, but the Woodland Lodge Log Cabin in the grounds of a popular Ayrshire Country House Hotel is certainly wowing people who are seeking a romantic hideaway:

www.enterkine.com/accommodation_woodland.asp

Its also easy to get to from London, being just a few minutes drive from Glasgow Prestwick airport, served by Ryanair, or 40 minutes drive from Glasgow International Airport.

Hope you find something suitable.

Mentioned in this post
Ayrshire
Ayrshire
Scotland, UK
London
London
England, UK
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

Sorry don't know of a log cabin for two, but how's about a lovely samll cottage for two with log fire and a good sized(for 4/5)hot tub.

It's between Dundee and Perth on a large country estate with other larger cottages for rent also.

We have used the one for two and can highly reccomend it, in fact we are going to one of the bigger cottages at the end of the month.

Here's a link,

http://www.kinpurniecottages.co.uk/index.cfm

Mentioned in this post
Dundee
Dundee
Scotland, UK
Perth
Perth
Perth and Kinross, UK
Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

Sorry should have been, small cottage. Doh.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

www.piperdam.com

Not sure about the fire thing in a log cabin (probably in breach of some European Health and Safety directive!)

Emelda

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

Hi,

Not been able to track down a log fire either, but I stayed at this really nice <a href="holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…26781" target="_blank">log cabin</a> with a hot tob and sauna. It also has a "glass fire", which is run on biofuel. It's perfect for a romantic break I'd say!

Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

i have stayed in a fantastic place Near Berwick Upon Tweed. Lazydayscottages 5 star cabins with huge hot tub, very private and fantastic quality. so much so i'm off again next week. i have stayed in other cabins across the country and never found ones to come near this. Only down side is no log fire. But to be honest it is toasty with out. Very plush and furniture to the highest standards. You won't regret it.

Mentioned in this post
Berwick-upon-Tweed
Berwick-upon-Tweed
Northumberland, UK
scottish borders
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

lazydaycottages.co.uk has a large hot tub and a wood burning sauna if you want to light a fire.

10. Re: Log Cabin with Hot Tub and Real Fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 13:19