We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Topic
Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

Apologies if this has already been posted but I just got the info below via email, and thought I'd post it ..just *in case* there are some tourists already in Scotland *now* who are planning castle visits or visits to historic sites :-).

"Inside every copy of this Saturday’s Scotsman newspaper (28 March) is a free map of Scottish Castles, Battles and Massacres. Highlighted on the map are all of the castles that Historic Scotland care for. So, if you’ve yet to visit any of our castles, why not pick up your free map and decide on some more to explore.

Also available this weekend with The Scotsman and Scotland on Sunday is a FREE Historic Scotland Family ticket, giving free access for 2 adults and 2 children worth up to £36. All you need to do is collect two tokens from the papers on the 28, 29 or 30 March. So if you and your friends or family you’d like to organise a free Historic Scotland day out to some of Scotland’s leading visitor attractions, make sure tell them to look out for the offer this weekend. For more details click here

…scotsman.com/custompages/CustomPage.aspx…

Enjoy exploring your Historic Scotland.

Best wishes,

Historic Scotland Offers

www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/ticketgiveaway

Skara Brae
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites
Stirling Castle
Castles, Historic Sites, History Museums
Culloden Battlefield
Battlefields, Historic Sites, Visitor Centres, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

Thanks, that's great news. I'll rush out and buy the paper tomorrow- every penny counts when trying to organise family days out at the moment!

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

You're welcome! I only wish I was in Scotland now :-(

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

Yes, many thanks, LL. We have some visitors arriving from Australia on Tuesday. I'm sure they'll appreciate the tickets. Went out and bought the Scotsman today.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

So glad, Member Edinburgh. I'm very jealous of your visitors!

5. Re: Free offers from Historic Scotland ( time-limited)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 04:18