We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

Hi

We are going on the Lochs and Glens 5 day scenic tour on Friday 29 May and are staying at the Loch Long Hotel and we have been unable to find a review about both the trip and the hotel.

Can anyone advise me about either the hotel or about the trip itself i.e. how long on the bus each day, what time do you set off each day, is the hotel formal or informal in the evenings.

Mentioned in this post
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
637 Reviews
Arrochar, UK
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 hotels in Dulnain Bridge
Windlestraw
Windlestraw
#1 of 1 hotels in Walkerburn
Ivybank Lodge
Ivybank Lodge
#1 of 6 hotels in Blairgowrie
London, United...
Level Contributor
33,221 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Who are you going on the tour with?

I would imagine that, in line with about 98% of Scottish hotels, it will be informal.

Lovely part of the world!

Yorkshire,England
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

Hi

We are going with the Lochs and Glens holidays who are based in Alexandria

Mentioned in this post
Alexandria
Alexandria
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, UK
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

We have strolled past the place of an evening, and heard the distant strains of the electonic organ entertaining the guests....

if you feel the need to escape, this place is not far away; www.maclay.com/village-inn-arrochar.html

London
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

The hotel has a great position at the head of Loch Long, with views down the loch and to the surrounding mountains.

The hotel is owned by the Lochs and Glens group, so I would expect most of your fellow guests will be on a tour as well.

Mentioned in this post
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
637 Reviews
Arrochar, UK
Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

The Lochs and Glens website leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately the company itself has a good reputation.

You may have missed the information on their website, which you can find via the site map.

http://www.lochsandglens.com/sitemap.asp

South Carolina
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

We went on the Lochs and Glens Tour from the Highland Hotel in Fort William. This is one of our best vacations ever. You spend every night at the hotel with absolutely gorgeous scenery. The price includes breakfast and dinner and a bus tour each day with a very knowledgable tour guide. After dinner we had entertainment. It was not exhausting because you only unpack one time. The trips began at 8 or 9, and we got back about 5 each day. The staff was wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
The Stirling Highland Hotel
The Stirling Highland...
2,241 Reviews
Stirling, UK
Fort William
Fort William
Lochaber, UK
yorkshire
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

we are due at the loch long hotel on a self drive holiday for 4 nights in october and i wondered on the age group as we are in our early 40s.

i also wanted to ask about the rooms we only managed to get a twin room but it does not state if its en-suite or tea and coffee making facilities etc.

can anyone help?

lancashire
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

Have just returned from loch's and glens holiday to loch long hotel 10th - 13th september 2009. best short holiday ever, nothing too much trouble, food ,staff, hotel, trips all first class. Real value for money and my husband and I will definetly take another loch and glens holiday.I am over 65 as were most of the guests not for the really young only the young at heart.

Bristol
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

We stayed in this hotel at the end of September 2009 and I must say the staff were brilliant ,all so very polite. one of the nicest (if not the nicest) trips to Scotland we have ever had.

We stayed in room410 and took three photos each when developed had an orb on each one which I found very interesting.....I would be interested to know if anyone else had experienced this!

I would rate this hotel 10/10.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Manchester
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Loch Long Hotel ar Arrochar

Just back from 3 day break. Waiting staff very good and worked hard to make you enjoy your stay.

Entertainment not suitable for those under 80. I would not recomend this holiday for younger people, seemed to be only suitable for older people.