We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is VISA required for EU citizen?

11 posts
Save Topic
Is VISA required for EU citizen?

Me and my friend are planning to visit few ski resorts in Europe. I am Canadian citizen and my friend is Polish citizen(lives in Poland, is on visit in Canada atm). Both are flying from Canada. Does anyone know if my friend needs a visa to change planes in Glasgow?

Level Contributor
3,490 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is VISA required for EU citizen?

Since UK is in EU no visa required.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,830 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is VISA required for EU citizen?

Your friend has a right to live and work in the UK (let alone Scotland) and so doesn't need a visa

Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is VISA required for EU citizen?

Polish citizens can work in the UK so he certainly wont need a visa, but you might !

In the event you cant be routed in transit, (I am not familiar with Glasgow airport so dont know if this can happen there), then if you have to go landside, your visa will very likely be granted unless there is something highly unusual about your circumstances.

4. Re: Is VISA required for EU citizen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 07:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question