We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Glasgow or Edinburgh to stay is better in?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
which Glasgow or Edinburgh to stay is better in?

I plan to visit Scotland for the first time with my partner for 5 days in May. I do not know which town is more things to look around in Glasgow or Edinburgh. I would like to see high mountains and countryside, where is the best to visit them?

I would need advice from you

many thanks :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which Glasgow or Edinburgh to stay is better in?

Either as you will need to travel to see what you are after, hills and countryside wise. Depends what you are after in a city as both have a lot to offer

Will you have a car or be relying on public transport?

From Glasgow it is easy to get to Loch Lomond and the trossachs where there are some decent sized mountains, e.g. Ben Lomond

Edited: 26 March 2010, 17:49
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which Glasgow or Edinburgh to stay is better in?

Thanks for your reply. I understand. I consider to stay in Edinburgh for 1 or 2 overnight then next day in Glasgow, next day somewhere at nice countryside. how hours about will it take to look around Loch Lomond and Ben Lomond? all day? is it worth to visit Fort William and its around eq Ben Nevis?

We will use hire car from easyflight. We arrive at Edinburgh and leave from Glasgow to London by flight.

3. Re: which Glasgow or Edinburgh to stay is better in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2010, 06:18