We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Newton...
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Topic
NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hello Scotland travelers and enthusiasts,

Knowing that the Scotland forums get a lot of posts about golf, I wanted to let you know that we created a new Golf Vacations forum after several people requested it. Here's the forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i15987-Golf_Vac…

Any golf lovers out there? We'd love some knowledgeable members to help get the new forum going.

Have a question related to traveling and golf? We'd love to hear from you!

TA_Sara

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

I will be traveling to Scotland September 2014 in a group of eight (8) and hoped to secure tickets for the Ryder Cup for one day. I realize tickets have been sold out for quite a time but wondered if there might be tickets available each day outside the entrance?

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Lochearnhead
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hello. Tourism business owners have been told that it will be impossible to gain access anywhere near Gleneagles by car or as a pedestrian for Ryder Cup 2014. You can only get there if you have a ticket and book a Park and Ride Bus from Perth, Stirling or Kinross OR by pre booked trains for ticket holders. Practice day tickets appear to be available on the official site. There is a photo registration procedure so you can not simply buy a ticket from someone else. You may have to search for accommodation or venues that will show the matches on a big screen amongst a crowd. This is the official site for up to date tickets and transport information. http://www.rydercup.com/europe . Try searching "where to watch The Ryder Cup 2014" around the area in Scotland that you will be staying. I am sure that it will be a great event and atmosphere whether you are a ticket holder or watch the matches around a Sky Sports Screen with the locals. Best wishes for a wonderful experience.

Mentioned in this post
Gleneagles
Gleneagles
3,843 Reviews
Auchterarder, UK
Perth
Perth
Perth and Kinross, UK
Stirling
Stirling
Stirling, UK
Kinross
Kinross
Perth and Kinross, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Thanks for your quick response. Our group needs to make a decision about practice rounds.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

www.gleneagles.com/golf/ryder-cup-2014/faqs/

Briar info, one would hope that the A9 will still be opened for the rest of the working population.

25. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 14:27
Perigueux, France
3 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Can plus one that!! I go to stay in a b&b in the lovely town of North Berwick every year, Literally on the edge of the golf course, and 100 meters from the beach!!! You've got the North Berwick West links, Gullen, Archerfield, Muirfield and more, accessible in a 10 minute car drive. For the curious here's where i stayed: privatehousestays.com/l/…Winterfield-Lodge

Mentioned in this post
North Berwick
North Berwick
East Lothian, UK
Glasgow, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hi,

I'm leading a survey about golf for my studies. Can you please answer my survey?

It is very important for me. Share it at people related to golf :)! Thank you so much

https:/…viewform

Alberta
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

Hi: I have a couple of questions:

1. We are a group of 3. If we want a caddie, can just one of us get one?

2. If I get a caddie, do I need a carry bag or will my regular bag be ok? (I usually use a trolley)

3. Is it better to submit a ballot for the old course with 2 or 3 golfers or does it matter?

4. We are coming in August. I have pre-booked a couple of rounds. Do I need to decide on all the courses and book now or can I wait until we get there. Some depend on the weather and if/when we can get on the Old Course.

Thanks.

Fredericton, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

We were planning on traveling to the next British open St Andrews in five years. We recently were told, by someone who was just there, that the prices for everything go through the roof. I was wondering if this is true of all things including groceries and if it is just in st. Andrews or if it is all of Scotland. I was also wondering if this is the case when the British Open is held in other cities? Any info would be great or tips on how to do this trip a bit cheaper (if in fact prices do skyrocket during the Open).

Mentioned in this post
St Andrews
St Andrews
Fife, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Kentucky
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: NEW - Golf Vacations forum

I am a female golfer who is planning on coming to Scotland next year from the US. I would like to play 3 or 4 courses. I have been looking for information on where I might be able to play(I know some courses don't allow women). I would like to play where local Scots play, I don't care about the big name courses, although I would like to visit St. Andrews. I was thinking about the Edinburgh area or East Lothian. I know some of the links courses can be very difficult, although I would like to play at least one Oceanside course. I want to stay in a small inn or bed and breakfast reasonably priced, any tips on those would be appreciated also. I am a young 60 and my handicap is 20. I'm hoping to find golf buddies at the courses. Really need help in deciding what courses to play, I want to stay in one place, but don't mind driving some. Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
St Andrews
St Andrews
Fife, UK
The Edinburgh Lodge
The Edinburgh Lodge
239 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
East Lothian