We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have 4 days, ideas??

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
have 4 days, ideas??

my brother and i are going to scotland. we will be spending 3 days on the isle of skye, finishing at uig. we have 4 more days to do something but we don't have a car. we fly out of glasgow on the morning of the fifth day. any ideas??

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have 4 days, ideas??

Hi, given that you do not have a car and have already sampled the Highlands I would suggest you base yourself around Glasgow and make use of the extensive rail network to do day trips as well as the City itself.

Examples being the Ayrshire Coast (Burns Country), Stirling (Braveheart Country) and Edinburgh.

All of these less than an hour by train from Glasgow with most trains running every hour or more frequently.

Check www.scotrail.co.uk for times and fares

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have 4 days, ideas??

Agree with the above.

Get the bus from Uig to Portree then coach to Glasgow.

It is a long journey 6 hours plus but you will see some lovely sights on the way.

Glasgow has much itself to keep you busy if you feel you have had enough travelling and if you want to pop over to Edinburgh then it is only 50 minutes by train. They run every 15 minutes during peak hours.

3. Re: have 4 days, ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 07:15