We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend in Dunkeld, Trip report.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Long weekend in Dunkeld, Trip report.

Our trip to Dunkeld was planned over 3 years ago.

It started with me sat in the bath relaxing at 5-30 am Friday. This was the calm before the storm. A walk around to the van hire by 7-45am to pick up a van. Yes I was going to be a white van man for the weekend.

Back home to pick wife up and pack the van for the trip "up north." Next round to my mate's house to pick him up and more stuff. I wonder if we're going for a long weekend or a fortnight. By 8-45am we head out of Hull along the A63 west with John driving. Being true Yorkshire folk we have flasks and sandwiches with us.

A good run up to Bedale services. Seeing we are driving a long wheel based van John parked in the coach bays. While my wife did the drinks I had a talk to a National Holidays coach driver. I found out that he will be our driver when we go down to London next week.

After a quick drink and with me driving we set off again up the A1 to the A68 and all the blind summits. Driving the A68 is better then any funfair ride. At the Boarder we swapped drivers again for our run in to Edinburgh and a visit to a Sam Smiths pub at Cramond. Thank god for sat navs.

Left wife in van having a cup of tea while John and I went in for half of OBB.Then with me driving we had a very easy run up to Dunkeld by 3-30pm. We was staying in the office's quarters at the Black Watch drill hall. Within minutes I was out doing vital research for a TA Member.

The research took me most of the evening and it cost a small fortune. But what the heck I'm a DE and research is part of the job.

My finding's are. Dunkeld is not cheap and it's a good job the bank as a ATM. I will post my findings in my next post as I cannot keep my eyes open and my bed beckon's. Wife asleep on settee snoring away. Mindyou she as only had 4 hour's sleep in 3 day's so maybe I'll let her leave the pots until tomorrow.

ian480.

Edited: 31 May 2010, 19:58
1. Re: Long weekend in Dunkeld, Trip report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 08:23