We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on tours

3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on tours

Hello

I'm planning to visit Scotland later this year and I'd like to visit some of the islands and more remote areas. As I can't drive and I believe it can be quite difficult to get about by public transport in some areas, I've been looking at going on an organised tour. So far, I've looked at Rabbies, Haggis and Grayline. What are people's opinions and experiences of these tour companies?

Although I'm not 100% decided on where I want to go (so any suggestions would be welcome!), I'm quite keen to go to the Orkney Islands and the only tour I've found which goes there is Haggis' 8-day Island Explorer. Has anyone here been on that one - or does anyone know of any other tour companies which cover a similar area?

I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on tours

Rabbies and Haggis are both popular with a younger clientele whilste Grayline have a more maturer clientele, I think. Highland Heritage also have quite a large fleet of tour buses and definately cater to the blue rinse brigade.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on tours

I had a great time with the MacBackpackers tour but they don't go to Orkney. Some friends of mine went with Wild In Scotland and also had an awesome time. You might check them out....

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on tours

Thanks for your help - I'll check those out.