We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland Weather

Frankfurt58
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Scotland Weather

We are traveling to Scotland August 24 to the beginning of September. I have read many different information about the weather during that time. I am finding it hard to know what to pack.

We will be traveling to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ayr, The highlands, Glencoe, and Loch Ness. Please help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland Weather

The weather is likely to be variable. The limits between which it will vary are hard to predict closely, but I've never known it to snow there at that time of year, nor to get over 90 degrees F.

How long is your stay? If it's for a week or more, it's likely that you will need all of T-shirts, waterproofs and jumpers.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,068 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland Weather

The weather will change by the hour and you could get wind, rain and sunshine all on the same day. Wear layers and what Nick suggests to be safe.

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotland Weather

es wird wahrscheinlich kuehl sein - so zwischen 12 und 18C

regen koennte fallen - jeden tag hoechstwahrscheinlich schauer, kein dauer regen.

guten webseite fuer wettervorhersage ist

www.metcheck.com - Postcode z.b. EH1 fuer Edinburgh

oder

www.metoffice.com - ebenfalls recht gut fuer etwa 5 tage im voraus.

Ins schottische urlaubsgepaeck auf jeden fall t-shirts, lang arm duennes vlies & eine regenjacke - aber auch ein sonnen schutzmittel fuer alle faelle und einen pullover falls es am abend kalt wird

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotland Weather

Think LAYERS so you can put on or take off depending on temperature. Several thin layers are more effective at keeping you warm than one thick one. Tee shirt. shirt and fleece with a waterproof and windproof top. If you are planning to do any walking you will also need waterproof trousers too. Unless you really feel the cold you are unlikely to need hat and gloves.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotland Weather

agree about the gloves but i never travel anywhere in the British Isles without my pull on woolly hat, I have the photos of me on Mull in July to prove it, think roof insulation, you can shed two layers if you keep your hat on.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
227 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scotland Weather

In scotland we have 4 seasons in one day.

melbourne victoria
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scotland Weather

Well i went at the end of summer last year and if you are travelling on a coach i'd take plenty of warm clothing plus a light weight raincoat as it got reallyt cold in the highlands.but some days closer to london i felt it warmer than it was so be prepered.

8. Re: Scotland Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:17