We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book B & B's in advance or not ?

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Book B & B's in advance or not ?

We will be in Scotland Sept. 4 thru 11. We will be 2 couples so we will need 2 rooms. Do you think we need to book B&B's before we leave for Scotland or would we be o.k. booking as we go along? We are flying into Endinburgh so plan on booking our first night before we leave and maybe our last night . Thanks for any input.

Best Seller
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands...
1,905 reviews
from US$63.50*
Likely To Sell Out
3-Day Isle of Skye and Scottish...
469 reviews
from US$323.00*
3-Day Isle of Skye and Highlands Tour...
88 reviews
from US$317.30*
3-Day Isle of Skye and Scottish...
168 reviews
from US$576.80*
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

Definitely book in advance. Early September can still be pretty busy. You'll have peace of mind that your accommodation is organised so you won't have to spend time at each new destination hunting for somewhere to stay.

If you leave it to the last minute, you might not be able to find places that can offer two rooms, especially if you're visiting smaller towns and villages. Also, there are often discounted rates available for booking in advance.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

I'd book. Otherwise you will need to spend part of every day looking for somewhere to spend the night. It's still high season in Scotland

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
662 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

would prepare a list of places you plan to visit & a list of B&B's nearby.

Book Edinburgh for sure. Whilst travelling call ahead the night before or at the latest in the morning to book rooms, driving around in the evening to find rooms can be very frustrating.

September is not quite as busy as the school holidays, but a lot of visitors have the same idea as you and it can backfire.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

Thanks you convinced me to book B&B's before we leave. In fact I think I will start to look into now. Thanks Again

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

I Think that is the right choice especially as you need 2 rooms.

and now you can make sure you can stay where you really want to not just where you can get last minute rooms.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

Most definitely book ahead. We were so glad we did (in Sept.) The places that we had booked would have had 'no vacancy' had we waited.

7. Re: Book B & B's in advance or not ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 10:30