We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any scenic & traditional locations (bar or restaurant) to stop for lunch on route during the drive from Glasgow to Skye (via the bridge)?

I’ll be driving A82 then A85 towards Oban & up the A828 to rejoin the A82 at Loch Leven then onto the A87 at Invergarry.

I want to get a good way into the journey before I stop, so I’m probably looking for somewhere from Oban onwards.

Thanks in advance.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

I would suggest staying on the A82 and having lunch in the Clachaig Inn in Glencoe.

Cracking pub - great atmosphere, plus better scenery on that route IMHO

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

The Clachaig sprang to my mind too.

The real food cafe at Tyndrum is another favourite but apart from excellent food and nice views of birds on bird feeders it is too early for you and not traditional.

Possibly the Crannog in Fort William for seafood with views of the sea (though have not been for ages so don't know how it is these days).

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

I also like the Real Food cafe at Tyndrum as a stop for coffee or breakfast. The food is very good.

I discovered on my last trip up that way that it's closed mid week during the winter. It's open Friday Saturday and Sunday only at the moment. I think they go to 7 days next weekend though.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

Thanks both for your replies. Much appreciated.

I'll definitely give The Clachaig a try tomorrow. I might even be able to give the Real Food cafe at Tyndrum a try on the way home on Sunday.

Thanks again.

5. Re: Good spot for lunch on the Glasgow to Skye drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2013, 09:48