We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scotland accomodation, rent-a-car, roads, food, tips&tricks

romania
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
scotland accomodation, rent-a-car, roads, food, tips&tricks

hello,

as i failed last year to get to scotland - tripadvisor.co.uk/…40768744

i am giving another shot this year with an extended route

so the plan is to stay:

6 nights in Edinburgh (including surroundings, like Craigmillar, Roslyn, st. Andrews, Stirling)

2 in Dufftown

3 on Skye

1 in Glencoe

2 in Sallochy / Trossachs national park.

could you help me with some recommendations for accommodation in this places (on Skye and in trossachs, maybe you can recommend a certain place/village/small town), preferably under 85 GBP/night, not with shared bathroom.

I am interested in some recommendations of hotels, hostels, apartments, cottages whatever or some local web sites with reasonably priced offers.

I will be in Scotland, hopefully, between 11 - 25 July

Should I make reservations for all the nights, or I can find something on the spot. My thought are to book a room for Edinburgh and Skye, and for the rest to see on the grounds with the accommodation. Would I be wrong?

Same question for renting a car. Is crowded in July or can I get a car to rent when I arrive (actually i want to rent it for approximately 10 days)?

Could you give me some approximation as to the price of the food, from the supermarkets and from local pubs/restaurants

thank you

romania
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: scotland accomodation, rent-a-car, roads, food, tips&tricks

thank you

I thought that the whiskey bought from a distillery will be more expensive than a supermarket, but wanted to be sure

regards

radu

32. Re: scotland accomodation, rent-a-car, roads, food, tips&tricks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 01:16