We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea shops/rooms

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tea shops/rooms

Any recommendations for great tea shops. Prefer the type that isn't too grand, but serves great old fashioned local favourites with lashings of hot tea, in a comfy setting.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea shops/rooms

Have a look at this thread and add any more good ones that you know of

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186485-i107-k39…

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea shops/rooms

Anywhere in particular?

I'd recommend:

-WhistleStop Cafe in Kinlochewe, Wester Ross. Excellent baking and espresso coffee in a converted village hall, with leather sofas and wood burning stove. Great spot to break up a long drive.

- Bridge Cafe, Poolewe, Wester Ross. Tiny cafe boasting excellent homemade soups, cakes and a selection of teas. Cosy atmosphere and warm welcome always puts a smile on my face.

There are many many excellent tearooms, all around the country. People will all have their favourites!

Abs :)

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea shops/rooms

Great! Good to know there are others out there after my own heart. I'm keen to hole myself up in teashops all over Scotland to check out their tea and scones or whatever else might take my fancy.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea shops/rooms

Abs - if these places are not already included in the other thread, would you add them?

I think I might make it a 'top question'

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea shops/rooms

It is the *best thread ever* I think :)

6. Re: Tea shops/rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2013, 10:17