We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 10 headed to Scotland for 12 yo golf tournament

ga
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 10 headed to Scotland for 12 yo golf tournament

We are a family of 10. 2 grandparents 4 adults (44+) 2 adults (20) and 2 teen boys 12 and 14. The 12 year old is playing in a golf tournament at Gullane #2. I have tons of questions but will try to narrow them down. #1-Any B&B's large enough to host all 10 of us around Gullane? We are flying to Edinburgh and will rent cars to drive to Gullane. The tournament will last 3 days. We will have limited time for the 12 year old to sight-see. #2- What would be close enough to accomplish in 3-4 hours that we could do after his round each day? #3 Finally, it is a 50th wedding anniversary for the grandparents...are there any restaurants close by (for all 10)that we could celebrate this occasion? Thanks so much in advance!

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
723 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 10 headed to Scotland for 12 yo golf tournament

I'm not sure about B&B's large enough, but I would guess not. With that large a group, I would recommend self-catering. North Berwick Holiday Homes is one of several letting agencies. You could easily go into Edinburgh, to Dirleton and/or Tantallon Castle ruins, or to North Berwick for the Seabird Centre or boat trip to view wildlife in the time alloted. For the anniversary, you could choose Osteria in North Berwick, Chez Roux or La Potiniere in Gullane.

I recommend you act quickly as Kids Golf participants and families have already been booking accommodation.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 10 headed to Scotland for 12 yo golf tournament

B and Bs don't cater for numbers like that. They are rooms in people's homes. Typically they will have 2 or3 letting rooms. They are not the same thing as B and Bs in the US,

Consider hotels. Look at North Berwick. Close to Gullane and with a good rail link into Edinburgh

3. Re: Family of 10 headed to Scotland for 12 yo golf tournament

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:17