We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day scenic trip around Scotland

london
Level Contributor
138 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
4 day scenic trip around Scotland

This is my 4th trip to Scotland.

Planning to reach Inverness by 12PM on 29th March, hire a car and then visit the places I've missed in my earlier trips.

Will be leaving from Inverness by 5PM on 1st April.

I've already been to

Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan Castle

Inverness, Fort William,

Edinburgh, Glasgow

Morar , Arisaig

Applecross, Loch Carron, Torridon, Mellon Udrigle (undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/ustours/applecros…)

Wanted to check whether there are any scenic beaches, waterfalls, beautiful caves, scenic drives, photogenic places that would be worth checking out. I've also not been to East Scotland, so not sure whether those places are as beautiful as West Scotland.

I'm not quite interested in Architecture, Castles - not much into man made things,

I haven't booked anything yet, can anyone advice which places would be worth visiting please?

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
10,229 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day scenic trip around Scotland

Scenic beaches all the way east from Inverness on the Moray Firth coast, places like Nairn, Findhorn, Burghead, Hopeman, Cullen etc. Beautiful stones at Findhorn beach and often some crazy driftwood make for unusual photos.

www.scottishholidays.net/listing/005-001-091/

Castles - Brodie, Cawdor - you will need to check opening times at your time of year

http://www.greaterspeyside.com/

Click on the map to find castles all over the place!

Beautiful scenery in the Cairngorms National Park around Aviemore

http://visitcairngorms.com/castles

walkhighlands.co.uk/cairngorms/ryvoan.shtml

Love the above walk to the Green Loch - spectacular for photography. Take the route back over the boardwalk and up the (steep) hillside coming out above Glenmore Lodge - amazing views and some really old, gnarled Scots pines - superb!

If you go to Clava Cairns you will see some pretty ancient architecture (!) and have a great view of the Culloden viaduct which is also pretty amazing

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/inverness/clavaca…

transientlight.co.uk/photo/culloden-viaduct/

The landscape in this part of the world is less dramatic than the west but very scenic neverthless

Enjoy your trip

Woody x

Edited: 26 January 2013, 22:55
2. Re: 4 day scenic trip around Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 06:17