We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland by road

London, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Scotland by road

Travelling by road from London to edinburgh for a week with my family, what would be the best itinerary.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,738 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland by road

You really need to give us something to go on.

Should we guess what you're interested in? What time of year this will be? What age your family is?

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland by road

Are you taking a week to do the journey or are you wanting to get from London to Edinburgh quickly then spend a week in Edinburgh?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,907 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotland by road

The "best" would be the one that suits your interests and preferences. If you tell us what they are, we could try to help.....

London, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotland by road

I am travelling in may with my wife,11 old daughter and 6 years old son. The plan is to go from London to bath in Somerset, spend two nights there and then two nights each in Lake District and Edinburgh.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,287 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotland by road

Then I suggest you drive to Bath, spend say, two nights there then drive to the Lake District and spend two nights there before going on to Edinburgh for two nights.

Sound like a plan??

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scotland by road

Unfortunately you are probably going to loose a lot of your holiday time driving along motorways.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scotland by road

And you will not be seeing Scotland by road, but England by road, Edinburgh is only just over the border, you wil not see what most visitors think of as 'Scotland' - which is the highlands and islands.

8. Re: Scotland by road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 06:16