We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland Trip- July 2013

Pune, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Scotland Trip- July 2013

We are planning a 10 day trip to UK, in which we want to visit Scotland for 5 days. Could someone please let us know the must see places and if you could please help us with some local tour operators from either Edinburgh/ London

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,823 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland Trip- July 2013

seescotlanddifferently.co.uk/mckinlay-kidd/

This company's website gives you a taste of some of the best routes which you can book with them or do independently.

I would not book a tour from London. I would travel to Scotland by train or by air from London and then start from there.

On the maps you can see locations such as Oban, Skye and others towards the west. That is normally considered the most scenic part of Scotland

Pune, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland Trip- July 2013

Thank you so much hardygeranium

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotland Trip- July 2013

The "must see" places are dependant on what interests you. But I would recommend some of the following

Edinburgh - allow at least one full day and even that will not do it justice

St.Andrews - can be done as a day trip from Edinburgh

http://www.visitstandrews.com/

Blair Castle, Blair Atholl - beautiful castle with lovely gardens in a peaceful setting in the rolling hills of Perthshire. If history interests you then The Castle is well worth a look around inside, and apart from that it lets you see the inside of a castle with all the different rooms etc.

http://www.blair-castle.co.uk/

Its about 1.5 - 2 hours drive from Edinburgh

East Neuk of Fife - can also be done as a day trip from Edinburgh and can be done as part of your trip to St.Andrews.

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/ustours/…

Falkland Palace - very different from other castles, beautiful interior, very atmospheric and again, lovely gardens which should be in full bloom in July. None of the places I mention are in the west of Scotland - they are all central and east so as you can see you are going to have to make some pretty big decisions as you only have 5 days!

regards

Woody x

PS I realise you asked about local tour operators but unless you know where you want to go, even some place names, then you will niot be able to ask the questions you need to when inquiring. I would imagine, in fact I know, that there are many tour operators working out of Edinburgh who would be able to take you to these places

Edited: 22 April 2013, 20:17
4. Re: Scotland Trip- July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 06:16