We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigs.!!

glasgow
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cigs.!!

Can someone advise me re how many Cigs can I bring back from Amsterdam to Glasgow Airport for me and my mum... Many Thanks.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigs.!!

As long as they are for personal consumtion there isn't any limit. As long as the follow criteria are met:

* You transport the goods yourself.

* The goods are for your own use or as a gift. If the person you give the goods to pays you in any way - including reimbursing you for any expenses or payment in kind - then it's not a gift and the goods may be seized.

* The goods are duty and tax paid in the EU country where they were acquired.

If you have more than 4 sleaves (800 cigs) each, and the customs official discoveres it, then then (s)he will question you about them.

glasgow
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigs.!!

So really,,,is it just the 4 Sleeves (800.)that you are Allowed then.??? Also,what about Benidorm,,,how many Cigs am I allowed to bring back from there.?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigs.!!

At a guess I would say the same as from Amsterdam since the rules above seem to apply to all EU countries.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigs.!!

"is it just the 4 Sleeves (800.)that you are Allowed then.?"

Re-read reply #1. It is unlimited.

But if you bring in several thousand, the customs guys may query if they are all for you.

glasgow
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigs.!!

Thanks Folks,your Advice is much Appreciated.x

6. Re: Cigs.!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:17