We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenerary in progress... Comments? Suggestions?

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Itenerary in progress... Comments? Suggestions?

This is 13 days self driving tour. One adult(me) and one child of 9( my daughter). We are after scenery+ some child activities.

Day 1: Picking a rental car at EDI (14:00) - driving to Glamis castle - driving to Dunkeld. Booked lodging at The Bridge

Day 2: (Going Pottie!!!!!!! activity) - Reindeer forest (@14:30 they let visitors handfeed the deer)-Aviemore Funicular- driving to Nairn. Booked at Invernairn B@B. Evening walk at the beach or drive to Inverness.

Day 3: Cawdor castle - driving to Drumnadrochit ( Nessy thing+Boat trip on Loch Ness).Drive to Gairloch.Booked 2 nights over Muldoanich B&B.

Day 4: 9:30 -Whale watching criuse. 14:00 - Pony trekking. Lunch (Somewhere in the hood). Loch Maree.

Day 5: Gairloch -Inverewe Gardens. Driving to Applecross ( the long and scenic route thru Fearnmore). Lunch at Applecross. Eileen Donan Castle. Booked anight at Plockton Inn.

Day 6: Driving to Isle of Skye.Isle of skye. Since I booked this night in Uig, we probably will see the Northern part of the Isle. ???????????????

Day 7 : Isle of Skye. I booked 2 nights in Elgol. ??????????????

Day 8: Isle of Skye. Mysty Boat Cruise+ ???????????????

Day 9:Ferry Armadale- Mallaig. Glenfinnan. Range Nevis gondolas. Glencoe.????????????

Day 10: Glencoe????????????? Driving to Oban ( Sea cruise to Mull and Staffa ). Driving to Inveraray castle. WHERE TO STOP FOR THE NIGHT?

Day 11: Inveraray castle. Driving to Trossachs . WHERE TO STOP FOR THE NIGHT?

Day 12: Trossachs + Loch Lomond(?????). Driving to Stirling. WHERE TO STOP FOR THE NIGHT?

Day 13: Stirling Castle.

Diving to EDI. Returning a car by 14:00. Flying to London at 17:00

Is it doable? Have I missed any "musts" on my way? Any ideas for the ????? parts.

I prefer inns , since only in evening, after my daughter is asleep and I dont have to drive on that night, I can indulge myself with a nice glass of whiskey. Would love to recieve your suggestions.

Thanks again to all of you.

Yuri.

Mentioned in this post
Turnhouse Airport
Turnhouse Airport
Edinburgh, UK
Glamis Castle
Glamis Castle
1,199 Reviews
Glamis, UK
Dunkeld
Dunkeld
Perth and Kinross, UK
Aviemore
Aviemore
Badenoch and Strathspey, UK
Nairn
Nairn
Scottish Highlands, UK
B+B Edinburgh
B+B Edinburgh
781 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Inverness
Inverness
Scottish Highlands, UK
Loch Ness
Loch Ness
1,282 Reviews
Loch Ness, UK
Gairloch
Gairloch
Scottish Highlands, UK
Loch Maree
Loch Maree
186 Reviews
Gairloch, UK
Applecross
Applecross
Ross and Cromarty, UK
Plockton Inn
Plockton Inn
522 Reviews
Plockton, UK
Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
The Hebrides, UK
Uig
Uig
Isle of Skye, UK
Mallaig
Mallaig
Lochaber, UK
Glenfinnan
Glenfinnan
Lochaber, UK
Glencoe
Glencoe
Scottish Highlands, UK
Oban
Oban
Argyll and Bute, UK
Isle of Mull
Isle of Mull
The Hebrides, UK
Staffa Tours
Staffa Tours
578 Reviews
Iona, UK
Inveraray Castle
Inveraray Castle
1,634 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
Trossachs Holiday Park
Trossachs Holiday Park
88 Reviews
Aberfoyle, UK
Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond
376 Reviews
Stirling, UK
Stirling
Stirling
Stirling, UK
Stirling Castle
Stirling Castle
7,104 Reviews
Stirling, UK
London
London
England, UK
1. Re: Itenerary in progress... Comments? Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:17