We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland end July with a baby

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scotland end July with a baby

Hello

We are driving from London to Scotland in end of July with a 5 month old baby for 8 days. We need some help with the itinerary.

We are thinking of stopping at Dundee for a day and then visit St. Andrews the next. Then head for Inverness and stay there for 3 days and visit Loch ness (any other near by place??).

On day 7, we would like to head towards Oban/Williams forth, stay there overnight and then head back to London the next day.

Is this doable? Is Dundee a good option to base ourselves before we head further north (any other suggestion, we would like to see St Andrews though). We will be carrying our baby in buggy.

Please advise if this is fine or if we could switch any of the place for a more beautiful option.

Thanks!!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland end July with a baby

Hi,

I don;t think even their strongest fans would say that Dundee or Inverness are beautiful. They are cities.

Parts of Edinburgh and St Andrews could be regarded as beautiful....

I suggest St Andrews and Fife (2 nights), Dunkeld, Aviemore (2 nights), Oban, Ayr, and then south....

Driving all the way home from Oban is too much.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland end July with a baby

Oban to London is way too far in a day.

You should really get to edinburgh if you haven't been. Dundee and Inverness wouldn't be high on my list of stopping places. Loch Ness is highly overrated, much nicer lochs around. How about north of Oban/fort William? Arisaig area and further north to wester Ross are much more beautiful in my opinion than Inverness region.

3. Re: Scotland end July with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:18