We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girly weekend suggestions needed!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Girly weekend suggestions needed!

I am arranging a girly weekend for 6 of us next year. I'm getting organised early so we're ready for any deals and looking for possible locations!

We live in Inverness & Glasgow so looking for somewhere no further than 4 hours travel of Glasgow. It's a family girly weekend with mixed ages-25, 30, 33, 47, 55 and 60. We like a good laugh & going out for dinner but not looking for clubs or anything!

To give you an idea everyone came to Glasgow this year and we prob spent £180 each for travel/food/ spending/hotel. Don't mind if its a city break or getaway-just a good idea.

Any possible locations? Or hotels/lodges etc that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

The Auchrannie on Arran. Everything is on your doorstep. Spa, pool, food. Self-catering lodges or hotel rooms.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

Hi. How about St Andrews, staying somewhere like the Fairmont? Plenty to do in the town, and a lovely hotel you can find deals online.

Abs :)

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

I would second St Andrews but not staying as far out as the Fairmont. I would rather stay in town itself.

As for the Auchrannie - I would rather stay in a tent that give them my money again.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

I just looked at Auchrannie & by the time we pay for petrol, the ferry & the hotel it would be too expensive.

St. Andrews could be a good one. Just doing some research now.

Thanks x

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

Williamnt, sounds like you are scarred by bitter experience.

You haven't reviewed Auchrannie, must be before your TA membership. Is there a tale to tell?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

Laura - The Auchrannie offer packages to attract parties such as yours. Off-season, of course. But you won't need a car - they will pick you up from the ferry, so you can get a bargain there.

Williamnt - I agree it's not for everyone, but what happened to you?

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

There is a tale to tell but I can't be bothered.

I realise, from reading reviews, I am in the minority but the Auchrannie is no longer a place I would visit.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

We'd still need to take the car to get to the ferry.

The pamper or play thing looks quite good so I'll look into it further.

Also found deals last night for spa break at loch fyne hotel-£175pp for 2 nights with all meals and 3 spa treatments included. Pretty good deal.

I'll make a short list soon and send it to the ladies so keep any ideas coming:) thanks

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

Williamnt, if you don't want to explain, then you shouldn't post negative comments in the first place. If you explain, then we can evaluate the seriousness of your complaint and make our own informed decisions.

If there is no explanation then I for one would discount these posts, and would recommend that the others do so too.

I have no affiliation with Auchrannie, haven't even been there, just want to see fair play.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girly weekend suggestions needed!

I have no need or desire to explain. I merely stated my opinion based on my experiences.

I also pointed out that I am in the minority, as the reviews suggest.

I, unlike you, have visited the Auchrannie.