We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow airport to Greenock

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow airport to Greenock

Hey,

My flight from London arrives to Glasgow airport at 22:50 on October 24th and I've been looking for transport to Greenock. I saw there is a bus/train service but on thetrainline.com it says the last bus leaves at 23:20, which is just a bit too early, I think, since I have to wait for the luggage (and it's also my first time on that airport, so I'll probably get a bit lost :D). Anyway, after that time there seem to be no connections to Greenock till the next morning. Can anyone help, am I missing something? Is there maybe a direct bus from the airport to Greenock? How much would a taxi cost at that hour?

Thanks in advance!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,348 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

If you pre book a cab probably around £25. Form the rank add £!0 to that. the last train from Paisley Gilmore Street to Greenock is at 0005 but you would need to take a cab to catch that (around £6).

Not really possible to get lost in GLA.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

Yes,cheapest way would be taxi to Paisley Gilmour Street Station which only takes 5 minutes.

Then last train down to Greenock.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

Thank you both for your answers! Should I book the train in advance or is it possible to buy tickets on the train?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

You don't book this train in advance.

Buy a ticket from the Paisley ticket office if still open,otherwise pay the conductor on board the train.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

You are sure it is Glasgow (GLA), and not Prestwick?

At that time of night, I would just get a cab door-to-door. Then you are not wandering round Greenock at midnight.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 20:39
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,348 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

Peter, Ryanair don't fly domestic flights to PIK anymore (well except to Derry) so I suspect it it the late flight from STN on Easyjet. So pretty sure it is GLA.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

It's GLA, with Easyjet from Stansted :) Thanks for all the advice!

8. Re: Glasgow airport to Greenock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20