We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days to Scotland in Early November 2013

Fargo, North Dakota
1 post
Save Topic
4 days to Scotland in Early November 2013

Hi folks,

I will be travelling to Scotland for first time. i plan to rent a car, drive from Manchester. I plan to visit for 4 nights. looking for a good advice on what MUST visits should I do. I m very much interested in scenic beauty and historic places should be fine too.

My husband is a camera addict so I like to take him to best scenic locations.

Thanks in advance.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days to Scotland in Early November 2013

Younreally need to get a guide book and look at what appeals to you most. Scotland is a large geographical area. Many of the roads outside the cities are noarrow and winding which slows down journies.

Having looked at what appeals to you, you then need to use Google maps to calculate distances and driving times... and then add on on some extra time when you are off the main roads to see what makes a practical itinerary.

You will probably need to allow 6 hours before breaks just to get to the Highlands for example.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 07:21
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days to Scotland in Early November 2013

Four days is not long. It's a four hour drive from Manchester to Glasgow or Edinburgh. It would maximise your time in Scotland if you could fly in to EDI or GLA. Also, be aware that by November the daylight hours are getting quite short.

3. Re: 4 days to Scotland in Early November 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 05:18