We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East or West?

Dijon, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
East or West?

Hello! My husband and me, we’re going to spend some days in Scotland from 28 October to 1 November. We’ll arrive in Edinburgh from Milan at 3 p.m..

We’re not sure about our itinerary. We’d like to visit the Highlands and Isle of Skye: we love nature and spectacular landscapes but we know that the weather and the light won’t be top at this time of the year… Do you think it would be better to visit the east coast where there are more castles and towns and leaving the Highlands for summer?

If not, if we go west, is it better to visit Skye or the coast from Ullapool to Applecross? I don’t think we can do both: in our itinerary, we'll have a stop at the Macallan distillery: I’ve promised to my husband!

Thank you for your precious help

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
116 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East or West?

At that time of year we are more likely to have Atlantic storms so the East coast may be the better option and do the West coast in the summer!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East or West?

Or the Moray Firth where there is a micro climate and the sun always shines!

http://www.greaterspeyside.com/

Woody x

3. Re: East or West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:21