We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving tours

Mansfield, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Driving tours

We will be touring Scotland by car from late June to early July 2014 for 2 weeks. Can anyone recommend the Secret Scotland tours? There hasn't been a review since 2010 on Tripadvisor that I can find. We are wanting to travel west from Edinburgh and include some islands. We are mainly interested in scenery with a bit of history thrown in. Any other well planned itineraries or suggestions would be helpful. We haven't been to Scotland before and are so looking forward to it.

Crathie
Level Contributor
984 posts
1. Re: Driving tours

My understanding of the situation is that TA decided Secret Scotland no longer met their requirements insofar as a listing was concerned and so stopped taking any more reviews for the company. Secret Scotland are not a booking agent and they are not tour guides and so could not be neatly pigeonholed.

I have dealt with Secret Scotland in the past when I was a B&B proprietor and would recommend them. They appreciate how daunting it can be to organise a driving/touring holiday in Scotland, especially if this is for the first time and they can put together bespoke itineraries for people to follow. Obviously I have never tried one of the itineraries for myself having no need, but I have met a few Secret Scotland clients and they all appeared to be very happy with everything which the company did for them.

Hope this helps.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Driving tours

I used Secret Scotland for driving around Scotland in May/June. Mike was extremely helpful with loads of info - about 100 pages! My trip was tailored for the varied regions I wanted to visit. Great directions on driving routes and personal recommendations on things to see , where to stay and eat. All that for a very reasonable cost and time. Would definitely recommend them. Check out there Facebook page for more up to date feedback.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Driving tours

We toured the coast of Scotland in 2010 and had a couple of tours from Secret Scotland. We didn't follow a whole tour but used their info to design our own tour. We used their B&B list and stayed in some great places from that. We liked the idea of using their local knowledge and had a great trip. We've been back to Scotland since and used bits of the tours we'd not used last time.

Mansfield, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Driving tours

Thank you all so much for your advice. We have gone ahead and booked a two week tour on the strength of it. We also ordered the accommodation list and have been happily preparing for our next adventure. Thanks again. I really appreciate the time you took to help us.

5. Re: Driving tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:18