We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

Hi there, has anyone gone on the scenic flight that leaves out of Oban and flies over Mull, Skye, Jua, etc.? They have a website and Facebook link but there's not much info on them or reviews.

http://www.flyscenicscotland.co.uk

If you have any info and opinions on the flight tour please share. They say there are a couple different flight pattern options but they don't list the differences in locations they fly over or the estimated times. I would love to see the west coast from the sky since I can't cover it all on the ground.

Thanks!!

UK
Level Contributor
6,526 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

No personal experience... but if you google them under their company name, Border Air, you will find more information including some reviews

Carlisle, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

Good afternoon AusBloomer111,

As part of the Fly Scenic Scotland Team, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our scenic flights that we operate out of Oban Airport!

In our opinion, there is not a more beautiful place to experience the scenery than from above!

For your information, I have added our new brochure onto the pictures section of Trip Advisor which gives an overview of the trips we do as well as details on how to find us when you arrive in Oban. Our tours start from 15-20 mins to just over an hour and half.

As for some of your proposed routes, we can certainly fly out over Mull and as far as Jura. However due to distance restrictions we would not be able to fly up to Skye unfortunately.

For operational cost reasons, please note that we do have a minimum requirement of two people per flight so if it was just a single ticket that wished to purchase, you would have to be booked in with another tour that day.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch either through Trip Advisor or through our email: info@borderairtraining.com.

Best wishes,

Fly Scenic Scotland Team

wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

Yes, we recently flew with FlyScenic in July. We went on the Oban Bay flight. It was amazing, the views were stunning. It was a flight very much depending on the weather, but can honestly say we will be booking a longer trip next year.

Our pilot was Derek, he was a really lovely guy, very professional but very friendly. You can take great photographs too. I would go if I were you.

wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

Yes, we recently flew with FlyScenic in July. We went on the Oban Bay flight. It was amazing, the views were stunning. It was a flight very much depending on the weather, but can honestly say we will be booking a longer trip next year.

Our pilot was Derek, he was a really lovely guy, very professional but very friendly. You can take great photographs too. I would go if I were you.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,288 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

BAir, could you please give the link to the pictures on TA. Not entirely clear where you mean and it didn't come up with a search. Thanks

6. Re: Anyone gone on a Fly Scenic Scotland flight tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:16